Products & Services
- Cloud contact centres
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Networks professional services
- Security professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Intelligence
- Air logistics
- Asset tracking
- End-to-end visibility
- Inventory management
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
Why BT Al Saudia
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together
Great thinking from across the globe
Collaborate to Innovate
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
- Let's Talk
- Contact Us
- My Account
Products & services
Unified communications professional services
BT Onsite Contact Cisco
Take the fast track to unified communications
Unified communications and collaboration empowers your staff to collaborate more efficiently with suppliers, customers, business associates and other employees. You can enhance productivity and gain competitive advantage by enabling your communications infrastructure to work more effectively. But implementing the necessary tools can be daunting. Where do you start and what do you need? BT can provide you with a roadmap to guide you on your journey.
The perfect platform for integrated communications
BT Unified Communications (UC) Quick Start service can help you:
- Obtain an assessment of the specific benefits UC can bring to your organisation, such as improved productivity through better communications and information exchange.
- Quantify the potential return on investment from implementing a UC solution.
- Understand how to approach the implementation of UC using your existing infrastructure.
- Implement a pilot demonstration of UC technologies to assess productivity gains.
- Take the first steps towards implementing UC at your own pace, with minimal disruption.
- Assess areas for potential cost reductions and lower your carbon footprint through fewer face-to-face meetings and increased flexible working practices.
- Streamline core processes by implementing a tailored plan that provides you with the exact products you require.
- Accelerate project completion. Implementing simpler and more effective communications enables you to respond more rapidly to changing market conditions and speed time to market.
Take the first step to enhanced communications and collaboration
BT Unified Communications (UC) Quick Start service can help you:
- Tailor our UC services to your specific needs via a status checklist that gives us an initial understanding of your path towards converged IT and communications.
- Highlight how UC technologies can be integrated within your organisation to add specific value, through our interactive workshop.
- Understand the practicalities of how UC technologies would work at your organisation, risk-free, with a technical trial of our products.
- Understand all the potential cost-benefit arguments of UC in the form of a clear return on investment (ROI) statement.
Quick Start helps prepare you for the full implementation of a tailored UC solution. UC enables you to:
- Share resources and information more efficiently through collaboration and conferencing technologies, enabling your staff to work together wherever they are in the world.
- Create faster, effortless communications between colleagues by linking communication technologies, such as voice, with collaboration services, email, instant messaging and presence.
Get ahead of the pack with BT UC Quick Start
BT Unified Communications (UC) Quick Start begins with a status checklist to provide us with an initial understanding of your path towards converged IT and communications. This helps us tailor our service to your specific needs.
Following the preliminary checks, we will host an interactive workshop to highlight how BT UC solutions can be integrated within your organisation. Topics can include:
- Audio conferencing
- Web conferencing
- Instant messaging and presence
- File and application sharing – records, management and archiving
- Team spaces and workgroup collaboration
- Implementation and migration best practices
We will describe realistic scenarios in which UC solutions can work together to address:
- Critical business issues
- Customer issues
- Mismatches between technology and business
- Complexities of managing disparate systems
We will then explain how UC can transform your organisation’s communications capabilities, helping you better understand the practical application of the technologies and build a business case for your future communications.
A number of optional activities can be undertaken – either individually or in combination – to further tailor UC to your needs. These include:
Option 1: assessment and road-mapping
Together we will identify and assess how UC an benefit selected business processes and communities inside your organisation.
Option 2: pilot project planning
We will work with you to create a practical plan for a pilot UC project. This can range from deploying a solution template for a limited number of users to initiatives with a broader scope such as targeting a specific business issue.
Option 3: technical trial/pilot
To demonstrate how UC technologies would perform, we can run a UC trial, providing an opportunity to experience UC products. Trial technologies include voice, email, conferencing, instant messaging and presence.
Option 4: ROI study and benefits case
We will lead you through the process of building an ROI model to present the financial case for a UC implementation.
Option 5: UC from the Cloud
We can tailor the work we do around your needs for moving into the Cloud with your UC solutions. We can help you identify where, how and when to adopt a cloud based model for UC.
A risk-free technical assessment
Following our evaluation of your UC requirements, we can implement a technical trial to demonstrate how a UC solution can benefit you. In many cases, BT can demonstrate the technology in a lab environment or a site-based trial. Our consultants will be happy to discuss the options in more detail with you. UC includes managed products and services based on Cisco, IBM, Microsoft and Nortel technology. These include:
- IP Telephony
- Microsoft (MS) Exchange integration
- IBM Lotus Notes integration
- Mobile access
- Corporate Fusion
- Hosted Voice
- Hosted Unified Communications Server
- Multimedia Voice over IP
- Nortel CallPilot
- Nortel Integrated Call Director
- MS Exchange
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Conferencing (audio, web and video)
- MS Live Meeting
- IBM Lotus Sametime
- Unified Communications Video based on Cisco TelePresence
- Nortel Integrated Conference Bridge
Instant messaging and presence
- MS Live Communications Server
- MS Office Communications Server
- IBM Lotus Sametime
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unified Personal Communicator
- Nortel Multimedia Communications Server
Start right with BT
Consider BT Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC) Quick Start if you want to:
- Assess your communications infrastructure in order to achieve cost savings.
- Comply with access to information and security laws.
- Implement more flexible working arrangements.
- Change your premises or your location, or create a virtual contact centre – now could be the perfect time to unify your communications infrastructure.
- Restructure or merge with another company – you need to ensure your IT systems are compatible, which is often the right time for new investment in communications.
- Expand into new and emerging markets and need to connect employees, partners and suppliers.
- Develop a roadmap for the transition to convergence.
- Assess the ROI for deploying enhanced collaboration tools to your workforce and customers in multiple locations, both locally and globally.
Take our approach to unified communications and collaboration
BT can help you take full advantage of unified communications and collaboration (UC) because we:
- Have experience that spans infrastructure, telephony, mobility, messaging, archiving and firewall services.
- Use UC to enable our around 110,000 global employees to communicate, empowering more than 10,000 home workers and 60,000 flexible workers.
- Saved more than £135 million in reduced travel and subsistence costs in 2006 through voice and web conferencing.*
- Manage more than 25 million emails and 1.5 million email accounts every day.
- Are Europe’s largest conferencing business with more than 12,000 ports.
- Support more than 6,000 audio conferences daily and 1,000 video conferences each week.
- Provide messaging technology to more than 250 customers for in-house deployment.
- Have key partner relationships with industry leaders such as Microsoft, Cisco, IBM and Nortel.
- Won the prestigious World’s Leading Provider of Communications Solutions award at the 2006 World Travel Awards.
- Save more than 54,000 tonnes of CO2 each year by using conferencing and collaboration services.
*Source: University of Bradford and Sustained IT report 2006, based on 6,000 BT staff surveyed.
BT can also differentiate with its strong professional services capabilities.
Current Analysis, June 2009
PDF - 934.7 KB
View our brochure to see how BT's Quick Start service can help you to take advantage of communication