Products & Services
- Cloud contact centres
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Networks professional services
- Security professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Intelligence
- Air logistics
- Asset tracking
- End-to-end visibility
- Inventory management
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
Why BT Al Saudia
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together
Great thinking from across the globe
Collaborate to Innovate
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
- Let's Talk
- Contact Us
- My Account
Tackling the digital transformation challenge
Big data doesn’t come much bigger than the national census. Taken every ten years, it’s a multi-terabyte treasure trove, yielding astonishingly detailed insights into changing patterns in British life.
Glen Watson, director general of the Office for National Statistics, had his imagination tested after the 2011 census. Starting right there, his challenge was to transform all ONS data and make it available online.
Watching closely were government, business and academia. Working alongside him were BT professional services consultants – whose collaborative way of working was central to Glen’s success.
Click here to watch the 20-second video trailer
A creative pairing of our organisation with the deep big data expertise brought by BT was an ideal match when we decided to transform public access to our information.”
- Glen Watson, Director General, Office for National Statistics
Or see the full story in video:
Turning Big Data into an engine of economic growth02:41
In this video, Glen Watson, Director General of the Office for National Statistics, talks about how BT has helped build an innovative open data platform that’s transforming the way the ONS disseminates and publishes data.
- 1.6TB of data logged during 2011 census
- 8 billion separate pieces of information recorded
- A single data-set can amount to 100 million items
- Transformation saw Data Management System, Data Explorer, Open Data Interface and API modules developed
- 120 BT professional services people involved at project’s peak
With 120 BT people working on the project at its height, collaboration was a critical success factor and dedicated BT office space was allocated to house the joint BT/ONS team, just one benefit of working with an organisation having unmatched global resources.
Perfectly suited to that collaborative mind-set the Agile project management methodology was another key to the team’s success, offering an iterative approach that’s tolerant of specification and scope changes.
With 1.6 terabytes of information in just the census alone, the sheer scale of the data configuration and management task was daunting, underlining the wisdom of engaging with industry-recognised experts.