Products & Services
- Cloud contact centres
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Networks professional services
- Security professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Intelligence
- Air logistics
- Asset tracking
- End-to-end visibility
- Inventory management
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
Why BT Al Saudia
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together
Great thinking from across the globe
Collaborate to Innovate
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
- Let's Talk
- Contact Us
- My Account
Private cloud infrastructure assures security
Part of the Malmberg e-learning platform hosted by Ciber delivers hundreds of courses to hundreds of thousands of students across the Netherlands. But, increasingly complex and difficult to maintain, it was also coming under frequent DDoS attacks. Gijs Hanson, service manager at Ciber, was feeling the pressure to innovate.
He found an ally in BT and used the BT Private Compute service to create an internet-based private cloud infrastructure with powerful in-built security features. Assuring availability, not only were the threats defeated but Gijs was also able to increase e-learning application performance and reliability.
By using BT Private Compute, we can provide high service and security levels to Malmberg and the students they serve. Equally important, it means we can quickly scale to meet new demands.”
– Gijs Hanson, Service Manager, Ciber Inc.
- Ciber helps its customers harness the power of cloud computing for competitive advantage
- Ciber supports Malmberg by hosting 10 critical educational apps and managing around 40 others
- In one year Malmberg fell prey to six DDoS attacks; disrupting student learning
- Ciber and BT now deliver secure e-learning using BT Private Compute for 25 virtualised applications
- Malmberg students and teachers now enjoy high-performance e-learning
Inherently secure platform
BT Private Compute provides Ciber and Malmberg with virtualised cloud-ready infrastructure incorporating compute, storage and backup, as well as inbuilt security resources like firewalling, load balancing, DDoS mitigation and SSL offloading.
Flexible and dependable
BT Private Compute matches performance requirements with students’ online demands. For example, in the morning when thousands of students simultaneously access applications, the BT platform self-flexes to avoid possible outages associated with boot storms.
Inbuilt protection against DDoS attack
The BT Private Compute solution protects Malmberg applications against DDoS attacks, as well as a variety of other nuisances. Inbuilt DDoS mitigation continuously monitors all data traffic. If an attack is detected, data is automatically re-routed and scrubbed clean.
Fast Ethernet connectivity
BT Private Compute also provides fast Ethernet connectivity to the internet. Rich e-learning applications open instantly, meaning students and teachers get to work fast.